Our Motto

This is the day that the LORD has made REJOICE and be glad!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

33 weeks...oh my oh my


So it's been a while since we've posted. Mainly because we didn't know exactly what to say, how to say it, or what was happening. Over the past few months we have seen how God works in amazing ways and how He will continue to be our shepard through all of the ups and downs in life.

I need so start this post by going back to about a year ago. It was about this time last year that I started to have the dress rehearsals for the living nativity at our church. I was playing the virgin Mary and Scott was Joseph. There was one Friday that I had gone to the doctors to talk to them about some health problems that were happening with me. The doctor looked at me and said something to the effect of, "I'm not saying that you can't have any children, but you won't be able to for a while. We need to level out your hormones before your body will allow to have children."

Then, let's fast forward to the following day. It was a dress rehearsal so we wore our full costumes. This meant, I got to put on the baby belly! I balled my eyes out before church, on the way to church, and at moments when it was just Scott and I at church. I had this fake reality of pretending I could get pregnant but knowing that it was so far from the truth. Things of this nature continued to attack me over the next few months. Houses of friends filled with pregnant Mamas, people asking me when it was time for us to have kids, and the reality of staring at pregnant women all over. Scott and I realized, we have to put this into God's hands. We know that it can't happen now, but God is bigger and He can form and shape our minds and our hearts. And, he can perform a miracle if He wants. We prayed...we prayed some more...and we continued to pray.

In May, I had invited some of the youth group girls over for dinner. I was cooking chicken with my favorite (or what was) seasoning. I almost puked all over the pan of chicken. I ran into the bedroom and said, "Scott, I'm gonna need you to finish cooking this chicken because I am pregnant." Little did I know, at that point, I was already 8 weeks pregnant.

God is good all the time and he has been a constant source of strength for us to look to! Yesterday at my baby shower at church I was given this, needless to say there was a lot of almost crying that I did when I opened it.

So now onto the health reality of this pregnancy. All of the previous part of this post is just to explain that Scott and I are completely trusting and resting in Jesus as we move ahead. In late August (August 26th to be exact) I had an MRI done to figure out why I was having continual headaches. I must say that it was on that day that I felt our Little One move for the very first time inside of me! They found a small tumor (not cancerous at all!!!!) in my brain. It's causing the headaches and will continue to until it is removed. What this means is that I have to have surgery to get the tumor removed after I have the baby. So, we are scheduled to have a c-section in late December and get to meet our miracle that Jesus has blessed us with. Then, about 6 weeks later I will go into the city to have the tumor removed.

Scott and I are fully trusting Jesus and are so thankful for the fact that we live so close to the city, we have wonderful doctors, and we have an amazing support system through our church and our families. We know that if God would allow us to start a family when the doctors said it would be impossible, then why would we even begin to worry about something else. God is good all the time, this is something that we are sure of!

Thanks for reading!
Scott, Liz, and Little One

No comments:

Post a Comment