Our Motto

This is the day that the LORD has made REJOICE and be glad!

Monday, July 5, 2010

Mini-tri #1

So this morning I got myself out of bed and attempted my first mini-tri. I have never exercised with 2 different exercises in a row before, forget 3. So, Scott and I racked the bikes and drove to a new rail trail that has a lake. My friend Erica met us there, and off we went. After a good few minutes of walking through nasty long seaweed, we made it to open waters. We swam about a 1/4 mile, we biked for about 10 miles, and ran/walked 3.5 miles. Needless to say, I'm POOPED! It was good though, I did a lot more than I thought I would. It's so good to have people encouraging me and to remember the reason that I am doing this. Everytime I got tired, I just thought about Lydia and her strength and the strength that I find in Jesus. It's so good to experience all of these moments. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined running any race, forget a tri. So here's to having Jello legs, feeling proud, and ready to push myself a little more. I must also mention how proud I am of Scott for sticking by me with the biking and running (he's a keeper!).

3 comments:

  1. Go Liz go!! You can do it girl!! Sending you tons of prayers of strength and encouragement! This is an amazing thing you are doing, and I know God will use you has a tool to spread His word through Lydia's story. You are a wonderful aunty! ...and sister, and daughter and friend! Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Liz, I do tri's and the stacking is always hard at first...I try to combine 2 sports at least 3-4 times/week (even if it's just bike 10 min, run 10 min, repeat 2-3x)...the worst transition is from bike to run, but i learned that using a lower gear for the last mile of the bike may make the bike portion longer but seriously helps you survive the run :) good luck!
    - Christin Giordano

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea!! This is SO COOL! So tell me about the cause and how this tri is supporting it . . .

    Way to go, both of you! God will surely honor all of your hard effort, as it continues to reflect His love and grace through a little girl named Lydia and her loving family.

    ReplyDelete