Our Motto

This is the day that the LORD has made REJOICE and be glad!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

sick...boat pulling...running

So today started off as one of those days that just started off as a bummer. I didn't feel well when I woke up this morning. I was just in a blah mood and I didn't want to think about going to work. It was a rough day at work for my co-workers and I don't enjoy being a part of that. I had moments of feeling better and moments of feeling worse. At the end of the day, I was excited because it was time to go to camp...I LOVE camp Thursdays. We got to camp, and there was nothing for us to do. We made our rounds, got our mail, chatted with a few people. While we were talking to the incredible Bill Krueger he received a phone call. "The boat is stuck and we can't get it started" Scott and I got to jump into action...it was awesome. We got on the pontoon boat and found our way to the lost campers and lifeguards. We tossed them a tow rope and the adventure began. Scott drove the boat, and I help onto the tow rope. Pulling a boat = not an easy task. After a few bumps and bruises, we made it back to the dock. It makes me miss camp and the wonderful silly adventures that you get to have on a daily basis. When we got home, I told Scott that I was going to go for a walk. It was gorgeous out. I ended up running an almost 4 mile run...i wasn't tired I was just bored. While I was running, I was thinking about the first run that I did after Lydia died. I was home in CT the morning of the memorial service. That was the run that started to push me to do something for a purpose. It has been so incredible to watch how faithful God is and how much He is pulling me through each day, moment, and work out. There is no possible way that I thought I was going to be able to run after a day of feeling like poop and pulling a boat to shore. God is SO good.

In other news, I got a letter from my grandmother in the mail yesterday. When I was little I used to write to her all the time, and she would always write me back. In her note yesterday she said, "FINISH the race like you want to". I know it doesn't sound big, but she gets me. She gets my heart and my desire to do this race. It is so much more than finishing for myself, it is SO much more than that!

In other news (yes again more news) Micah is coming to run a mini-tri with me on Saturday. I initially asked him to run the actual tri with me but he can't because of a prior commitment. I do have some amazing friends that created a relay team that are running with me during the race. Earlier this week, Micah asked if he could run with me this weekend. I am so excited to spend some time getting my sweat on with him.

God is so good, I am so nervous, but I have AMAZING support and my faith is growing so much in these past few weeks. I am continually reminded (because it is written on my bathroom mirror) of the verse, "Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest."

Please continue to send support, we are doing so well and it's for such a fabulous cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment